POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV 4 and the STL. : Re: POV 4 and the STL. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 and the STL.
From: Scott Hill
Date: 12 Mar 2001 21:46:04
Message: <3aad89ec@news.povray.org>
news:3aaced70$1@news.povray.org...
<snippage>

    You made a lot of good points about the STL, none of which I disagree
with, but, I still don't get it:

    1. Why, if you use the STL all the time, are you so anti-STL ?
    2. This ivory tower mentality confuses me :
        Firstly, there are a large number of very talented programmers
putting a lot of their own spare time into POV patches, patches which are
now being used to enrich POVs official feature list, surely tapping some of
this talent could only be of benefit to POV ?
        Secondly, how can you design POV 4.0 without first considering
factors such as these and wouldn't public discussion of said factors
actually aid the POV-team - by providing you with pointers to the
information relevent to that consideration - how can any discussion ever be
'premature' ?

> NOTE: Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those
> of the POV-Team.

    Is this a standard .sig style include ? If not, I'm curious as to why
you wrote it, considering the number of times you used "we", in the post.

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*